artimelt can look back on more than 20 years of experience in the development of radiation curable UV adhesives. As a pioneer on this area, artimelt brought its first formulated UV adhesives for the production of self-adhesive labels to the market in the early 90s. The development of the first hot melt adhesive formulations for UV technology was carried out in close cooperation with BASF. In the meantime the fields of application cover a wide variety of technical applications, e.g. permanent or removable and repositionable labels and tapes; but also adhesives for direct skin contact like bandages, plasters, patches and dressings.
UV-curable hot melt adhesives, especially, are still a fairly recent technology that offers processors new capabilities. For instance, the degree of cure can be varied to produce a range of different adhesion properties.
The UV-curable hot melt adhesives are a further development of existing technologies;
rubber-based and solvent-acrylate-based adhesives.
Due to the mentioned pioneering work, artimelt has become the market leader for UV curable adhesives. artimelt is able to maintain and expand this position by constantly setting new standards and developing individual adhesive solutions for our customers. Thanks to these innovations, we have the largest portfolio of UV-curable adhesives.
Advantages of the UV curable technology
• Environmentally friendly
• High coating speed up to 250 m/min
• No expensive drying of the adhesives is necessary after coating
• Resistant against liquids and chemicals
• Special formulations are suitable for direct skin and food contact.
• Can be used up to a temperature range of 200°C
• The adhesive cannot re-crosslink and is very stable to light and ageing
• The adhesive is a 100% system
• Can be upgraded on existing hot melt coating machine.
• The adhesive has a high breathability