Information on artimelt safety data sheets (SDS)
We are pleased to inform you about the applications of safety data sheets (SDS) at artimelt.
What are safety data sheets?
Safety data sheets (SDS) (or, in German, Sicherheitsdatenblätter (SDB)), are used to transmit safety-related information on substances and mixtures. They are intended to provide the professional user with the necessary data and handling recommendations for handling substances and mixtures. This with the aim of being able to take the necessary measures to protect health, safety at work and the environment.
When does a safety data sheet have to be submitted?
A safety data sheet has to be submitted if
- a substance or mixture is classified as hazardous according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging (CLP);
- a substance or mixture is persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) or very persistent and very bioaccumulative (vPvB) according to the EU REACH Regulation, Annex XIII;
- a substance is included in the candidate list of substances for authorization under REACH (Annex XIV of Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006) for reasons other than those mentioned above;
- if the mixture contains a substance that is hazardous to health or the environment in an individual concentration of ≥ 1.0 weight percent;
- a substance or mixture contains a PBT or vPvB substance in an individual concentration of ≥ 0.1 % by weight;
- the mixture contains at least one substance on the list of substances of very high concern (SVHC) established in accordance with Article 59(1) in a concentration of more than 0.1% by mass, or
- a substance is present for which an occupational exposure limit value is set in Directives 2000/39/EC, 2006/15/EC or 2009/161/EU.
For mixtures which are not classified as hazardous but which contain specified concentrations of certain hazardous substances, a safety data sheet shall also be provided on request.
artimelt hot melt adhesive – harmless to humans and the environment
artimelt’s goal is to market hot melt adhesives that are safe for humans and the environment. Throughout the entire process, from manufacture to processing by our customers, artimelt products are clean and meet the latest requirements. The progressive artimelt approach is described and outlined in the document “Responsibility for humans and nature”.
Use of safety data sheets in-house at artimelt
In view of the harmlessness of artimelt adhesives and on the basis of current legislation, artimelt only has individual adhesives in its product range that require the mandatory preparation of safety data sheets. A safety data sheet must be provided for these artimelt products. All other artimelt products would by law not require a safety data sheet.
In order to continue to support our customers, we at artimelt have decided to voluntarily provide a safety data sheet for all adhesives in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 in German, English and French.
If you have any further questions about safety data sheets, we will be happy to provide information. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your artimelt team